2022 World Cup qualifier: Angry fans attack Sierra Leone Captain after he missed a decisive penalty

Angry fans of Sierra Leone's national football crew took things excessively far as they raged the home of Captain Umaru Bangura after he missed a definitive Penalty.

Umaru Bangura, 31, who plays for FC Zürich in the Swiss Super League neglected to change over a stoppage-time spot-kick during Sunday's World Cup qualifier against Liberia.

His penalty miss denied Sierra Leone their odds of breaking through to the following phase of the 2022 World Cup qualifiers. Liberia qualified, winning the tie 3-2 on total.

After the game fans raged his home and pelted Bangura's property with stones. The windows and entryways of his living arrangement in Freetown were left gravely harmed.

"[It was] one of the most exceedingly terrible days of my life," Bangura told the BBC on Monday while stayed in his room. "I can't go outside in light of the fact that I didn't anticipate this sort of antagonistic vibe towards me.

"I carried out my responsibility by venturing up as the skipper to take the spot-kick," he included. "I am truly disillusioned. And yet I wish to state sorry [and] ask for their pardoning."

Red Cross staff were additionally assaulted after they blamed them for whisking ceaselessly from fans.

As per BBC, four Red Cross volunteers were harmed in the turmoil. Individuals likewise tossed stones at their stamped ambulances, which were later imagined with crushed windows.

"I was truly baffled with the Sierra Leoneans," the nation's games serve, Ibrahim Nyelenkeh, told the BBC.

"Some disappointed criminals went to [Bangura's] house and pelted stones at it," he said. "It isn't useful for the game. He is our skipper [and] football is a round of possibility."

Mr. Nyelenkeh included: "[Hooliganism] is getting to be exceptional. I figure measures ought to be set up to battle it."

Post a Comment

0 Comments